Thursday, November 15, 2007

Chapter I: Once upon a time…





I must confess and be very honest with who ever is taking the challenge of reading this blog: this is my very first time intending to write something more than what I write in a day to day bases, and I will be very thankful, if you follow me to the end, even more if you do recommend a friend to read it, and I will glad if I can make you laugh at least once.

These are true events prior, during and post My Wedding Day. I might change the names of the characters just to protect their identities (including mine), but no the facts or events.



I will try my very best to post a "chapter" every week.... so hope you enjoy !


“Once upon a time… long time ago…”, are the classics beginnings of a story with amazing adventures, love, romance and fiction, with common unexpected endings. But this story will begin with: “Once upon a Wedding, not so long time ago…” with adventures, love and romance, perhaps some fiction (because you would not believe that what happened, was true), with an already known unexpected ending, if you understand what I mean.

The word “Wedding” could mean at this point of your life many things. It could be something that you think is never ever going to happen to you (you wish !!). It also maybe the most scary word that could come out from your lips, even though you wanted it so much. It could mean the happiest moment of your thirty years of marriage (or just the only happiest moment), the best thing you achieved in life (that someone DID married you), or it could be what is taking right now 110% of your time, energy, thoughts, and MONEY. This last one could be just because you are about to get married, or even thinking of popping up the big question. Looking for ways of how you are going to pay for that “precious” ring women so anxiously wait for, not because of the idea of sharing a lifetime, family or kids with you, but in just how that ring will look in her hand and what her friends will say (at least she will think of this only the first time, and when she thinks of the other “stuff”… then she will be in panic). I never did any research about what a women actually thinks when the big question is popped, but if there was any study done or to be made, for sure it will be one of the most valuable findings in the psychology history.

Any way, in my case it could be perhaps a little more complicated to find out what she was thinking, because as you will find out, we still have not figured it out yet, who really popped the question the first time. Technically I did, but the first time was more like:
- “Rey, lets go and find out when we can get a day reserved for the church…”

As in most of the things that you could find in life, there is always going to be something bigger, something smaller, regarding the circumstances you find yourself in. A bigger animal, a smaller animal, a prettier woman, a less pretty woman, a friend that earns more money, one that is still living on his parents, and of course amazing things that happened on a wedding day, or a perfect wedding (if such thing exists!)

I could say that My Wedding Day, (and in case that my wife, ever reads this too, I shall start referring it as “Our Wedding”, just to make sure that my next Blog, if there is any, will not be called “My Divorce”) was as we believe, full with more “stories and anecdotes” than the average of a perfect wedding.

... till next week !

3 comments:

Unknown said...

epale rey: es isa, yo aqui con un tiempito en la guardia me puse a leer mis mails y oh sorpresa me encontre con esto. Te felicito, es una lectura amena, divertida, con suspenso... Una verdadera joya. Sigue asi y publicalo algun dia, TQM. Tu hermanita

Anonymous said...

Epale Picachucito....ya veo porque te acuestas tarde todas las noches...como diria mi adorable suegris Gueee...ando.....pero me encanta esta demasiado bueno, hay que guardarlo para Matias...upsssss ya conte parte de la historia..TQM

Tu esposita

Unknown said...

Me encanta la historia y recuerdo el comienzo....estudiando Contabilidad de Costos, no?
Bueno la verdad les deseo lo mejor a los tres...por una vida feliz.
Los quiero mucho
Gaby

 
Weddings Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Flux Directory Blog Search Engine Blog Directory My Zimbio