Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Chapter III: First Kiss






Before I take you to my wedding day, wanted to take you first to that journey of how I met my lovely wife.

What you are about to read, is part of that fiction I mentioned at the beginning. Not because is not true, but because you will find it hard to believe. Just a few days ago, we had a team building exercise in the company I work for: we had to tell three stories about our lives. Two had to be true, and one had to be a lie. Then we had to best guess which story was the lie. The story I am about to tell you, every single person on the team thought it was my lie !

Since very young I had been dedicated to my studies and my sport: Squash. I started playing since I was 11 years old, and also I was considered a good student. I was very shy and had the “Nerd” written all over my head… literally. They would write on the back of my T-shirt’s the word “Pollote”. Translated to English, it was a combination of nerd and naive. But it did not matter to me, I had my squash, the one thing I could be good at and also kicked some buts at the same time.


I must confess that I had many lovers when I was between 14 and 17 years old, all Platonic loves. One of my closest attempt of having a girlfriend, was when I was playing a squash tournament in Barbados. There was the most beautiful girl I ever saw in my short life, especially because she kind of liked me too. We would be seating watching the squash matches, very closed together, holding hands, writing little silly notes to each other. My hands would be shaking every time I touched her, and when I looked into her eyes I could see myself living in Barbados for the rest of my life. She was the one. The whole week went by, and at the night before the big Party, I could not sleep thinking of her, having the most romantic night by the sea, with a full moon, warm weather, and with the love of my life.

At that time, I had no clue what happened or why, but I understand now. That night, that very special night, I found out she was going out to the party with someone else. I could not believe it ! How could she had done that to me ! I was broken hearted, all those silly notes, holding hands, all that time meant nothing to her? Her best friend even wrote a note to me, that I still keep, and it read:
“Rey, I am very sorry of what happened, but she is like that”

That was it, the end of my romantic live. I was never going to trust any other women, no kids, no marriage. Then, after I grew up, I realized that she dumped me for a very good reason: she had no chance to score with me that night. I was so naive I never tried to even kiss her . She was to be admire and I felt so overwhelmed of her being with me, that I did not want her to think of me as an evil guy by me trying to kiss her, don’t even think of having sex !!!!!


To make the story short, my first kiss happened 2 weeks before I turned 18 !!!!!!!! I don't remember many details of my first real girlfriend. I believe I met her at the squash courts. Not very surprising as it was there where I spend most of my time. She was gorgeous, long blond hair, beautiful dark eyes, about my height, and she was four years older than me, and like any good mother, the age factor is what my mother hated the most. Finally, more than a kissed happened and my love life just begun.

1 comment:

Alfredo said...

Querido Rey,
Todavia no salgo de mi asombro con la lectura de estos tres capitulos de "My wedding day". Cuando lo recibi por primera vez me resulto dificil acceder a la pagina hasta que hoy pude hacerlo y leer, mas bien, devorar los tres capitulos que llevas.
Que interesante, que facil y amena la lectura, pero sobre todo te deja con los ganas de seguir leyendo y estar pendiente del proximo capitulo. Sigue...no pares.

 
Weddings Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Flux Directory Blog Search Engine Blog Directory My Zimbio